- 1 Tbsp avocado oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef (85% lean)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3 c peeled and chopped butternut squash
- 64 oz tomato juice
- 2 – 14.5 oz cans of fire roasted chopped tomatoes
- 2 peeled and chopped medium sweet potatoes
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 large handfuls of chopped kale
- Place a large pot over medium high heat and add avocado oil. When the pot is hot add onions and cook for a few minutes until lightly browned. Then add beef and turkey to the pan and brown stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, add chopped butternut squash to a microwave safe dish and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until fork tender. Transfer squash to a food processor and add in 1 cup of the tomato juice. Blend on high until creamy.
- Once the meat is browned, Add the rest of the tomato juice, butternut squash mixture, chopped tomatoes and sweet potatoes and bring to a boil. Cook for about 10-12 minutes or until sweet potatoes are fork tender. Add chili powder, chipotle powder, garlic powder, salt, and apple cider vinegar. Add more salt to your taste preference. Add kale and stir just until slightly wilted.