yield: SERVES 4-6
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 30 MINUTES
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans chicken broth
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: avocado slices, shredded cheese, sour cream, cilantro
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Cook the onion until translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add in the garlic and jalapeno and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the white beans, green chiles, chicken broth, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, oregano, chicken, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Stir and let simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Ladle chili into bowls and serve with desired toppings.
ProTip: An easy option to save precious prep time would be to grab a rotisserie chicken from your local grocery store in place of making your own chicken at home.