We are fully embracing the K.I.S.S. theory with this recipe. Sometimes all we need is a little tweak on an old routine to light up our nutrition routine. This recipe does just that…
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs chicken breast
- 1 c Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 medium avocado, pitted and fleshed
- 1-2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- Cut away excess fat from chicken. Place chicken breasts in bottom of slow cooker with spices.
- Gently pour in broth, cover with lid and cook on high for about 2-3 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Transfer chicken breasts to bowl or cutting board and allow to cool before shredding with forks.
- If desired, divide shredded chicken.
- Separate out 2 c of shredded chicken and add the avocado, curry powder, and salt.
- Enjoy chicken salads on bed of greens, in lettuce wraps, stuffed potatoes, and more!