Try this quinoa salad cold for a super refreshing and nutritious summer option!
prep 3 mins
cook 12 mins
total 15 mins
yield 2 -4
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 TBSP fresh parsley
- Pita wedges
- Fresh tomatoes
- Lemon wedges
- Grilled Chicken or Salmon
- First rinse and drain your quinoa using a mesh strainer.
- Bring a medium saucepan to medium heat and lightly toast the quinoa to remove any excess water. Stir as it toasts for just a few minutes. This step is optional but really adds to the nuttiness and fluff factor of the quinoa!
- Next add your water, set burner to high, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered with the lid slightly ajar, for 12-13 minutes or until quinoa is fluffy and the liquid has been absorbed.
- While the quinoa cooks, chop and prep the remaining ingredients and whisk together your dressing ingredients.
- Snag your now-fluffy quinoa from the pot and give it a little fluff with a fork.
- For a chilled salad, you can pop the quinoa in the fridge for a few minutes prior to adding your veggies or simply let it cool on the counter top for a few minutes for a room temperature quinoa bowl. Totally up to you!
- For the super simple vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper. How easy was that!? Pour over your quinoa bowl and toss with a pair of forks or salad servers and dig. on. in.
- Add any additional salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Jenn Laughlin