Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1/2 butternut squash peeled, seeded and chopped into 1-2 inch chunks*
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. dried tarragon
- 1/2 tsp. fine sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Place chopped butternut squash, carrots and vegetable broth in a large saucepan, cover and bring to boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer partially covered for approximately 20 minutes or until squash and carrots are soft when pricked with a fork.
- Spoon the cooked squash and carrots into a blender (or use immersion blender).
- Pour the liquid left from cooking into the blender and add almond milk and spices.
- Begin blending on low and turn up to medium high
- Serve immediately or return to saucepan and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Refrigerate or freeze leftovers.
*If you want to use the whole butternut squash, double the recipe and blend in batches unless using immersion blender