- 1 1/2 cups milk of choice + 2 TBS lemon juice
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or all purpose gluten-free 1:1)
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- zest of one large lemon
- 2 large eggs
- 5.3oz Lemon Greek Yogurt (or 1/2 cup + 1 TBS Greek yogurt)
- Prepare waffle maker by pre-heating and greasing well (spray works best).
- In a glass measuring cup combine the milk with the lemon juice, set aside.
- In a medium bowl add dry ingredients, flour through lemon zest, whisk until combined.
- In a large bowl add eggs, Greek yogurt, and milk + lemon juice. Gently stir to combine, then gently add in dry ingredients. Stir with large spatula or spoon until just combined.
- Scoop a ½ cup of batter into preheated and greased waffle maker, and allow waffle to fully cook until lightly golden. Mine took about 5 minutes, but each waffle iron is different, so be sure to follow your waffle manufacturer’s instructions.
- Gently remove and transfer to warm oven before serving. Enjoy with your favorite toppings!